About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Bridget. Welcome to my Library. I share book reviews and recommendations.

Monday, March 04, 2024

Women's History Month: 2024

March is Women’s History Month.  Over the month, there will be a plethora of articles from around the Internet containing stories of the amazing women who came before us.  I’ll highlight some of my favorite profiles and fascinating stories throughout the month.  Additionally, I will spotlight some of the many wonderful books written about women by women.  I hope you will learn something you didn’t know, find some great books, and gain a greater sense of how much we owe these women. These stories offer us hope to hold on to when current events frighten us and cause us to worry about our daughters, granddaughters, and ourselves.  We can count on the women from our past to inspire us, encourage us, and guide us to continue the fight for the rights of women all over the world.  If for no other reason than to show our daughters and granddaughters how vital it is to stay in the fight.  


Let’s start with this article from Woman’s Day titled 35 Fascinating Facts About Women’s History Month. Check out fact number 5 for the themes for 2024 and last year.  Every fact contains multiple links that offer you many rabbit holes to explore.  I highly recommend you visit the National Women’s History Alliance website.  https://nationalwomenshistoryalliance.org/  The valuable resources offer a guide for further study and events and newsletters to keep you informed all year round.  


I’m looking forward to sharing more this month.  If you have any favorite facts, profiles, or books, please share them in the comments.  


I will close with a quote from a modern-day leader.


Madeleine Albright

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.”


































































































































































































Madeleine Albright

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.”

































































































































































































No comments: