About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Bridget. Welcome to my Library. I share book reviews and recommendations.

Saturday, September 23, 2017

#bannedbookweek and #royaltyreadathon

I am going to attempt two readathons Sept. 24-30.  The first one is #bannedbookweek.  I'm reading Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy.  I want to reread this in preparation for the Oct. 19, 2017 release of The book of Dust:  La Belle Sauvage.  I am ridiculously excited about this new trilogy that will take us back to the parallel world of Lyra.

My other readathon is #royaltyreadathon.  This is hosted by the blog To Be Read run by Kati.  Here are the challenges and my choice of books.

READ A BOOK WITH A HIDDEN ROYAL HERITAGE

The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson

READ A BOOK WITH A ROYAL TITLE (“QUEEN”, “KING”, “PRINCESS”, ETC)

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

READ A BOOK WITH A CROWN ON THE COVER

Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard

READ A FAIRYTALE RETELLING FEATURING YOUR FAVOURITE FAIRYTALE ROYAL

Girls of Snow and Glass by Mellisa Bashardoust

PURPLE IS THE COLOUR OF ROYALTY – READ A PURPLE BOOK

The Final Empire by Brian Sanderson 

8-books in 7-days.  I really am a glutton for punishment.  Wish me luck and join in either one...or both!  

No comments: